Javier holds a degree in law from the University of Valladolid and a Certified European Financial Analyst Diploma from the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies.
He has worked at leading law firms and companies such as CUATRECASAS, KPMG and SIEMENS GAMESA. In parallel, he has lectured at universities and taught on law Masters programmes at leading business schools, including IE and ISDE.
With broad experience in commercial matters, Javier’s areas of expertise include corporate issues, contracts, trade deals, international trade, investment processes, M&A and corporate restructurings. In insurance, he has a solid background in civil liability, directors’ and officers’ liability and claims in the energy sector, particularly related to renewable energy.
Mainly acting for corporate clients, both in Spain and internationally, Javier also has experience in arbitration, disputes, the wind energy sector, wind farm promotion, EPC, sale and purchase of wind turbines and related agreements.
He is recognised in the 2020 Best Lawyers guide as one of Spain’s top Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions lawyers.
- Claim worth 1 billion EUR defending a Mexican investment company, in relation to Spain, in one of Mexico’s largest cases of investor fraud, in collaboration with Mexico and the United States.
- Merger in Spain between two Japanese multinationals, leaders in the manufacture of imaging, office and medical equipment, among others.
- Legal advice on negotiations and the implementation of the construction of wind farms in Mexico and Brazil for one of the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturers and wind farm developers.
- Acquisition of a major billboard advertising company in Spain by an English private firm.
- Acquisition and sales of major Spanish companies, for both industrial and private firms.
- Negotiations and separation of shareholders and businesses between Spain and Chile of a global leader in the industrial sector.
- Construction and engineering
- Commercial and corporate law
- Commercial litigation and disputes
- M&A and corporate restructurings
- Trade deals
- Shareholder agreements
- Negotiation processes
- International arbitration
- Real Estate