Barbara holds a law degree from the Pontifical Comillas University (ICADE).
Her professional career has been developed in the firm GÓMEZ-ACEBO & POMBO LAWYERS, integrating her Fiscal Department for 19 years. She has taught at the School of Legal Practice at the Complutense University of Madrid and at ISDE.
She has an extensive experience in tax advice, including usual advice for business groups, family groups, companies in the hospitality sector and private assets and the representation of entities and individuals in administrative tax proceedings, in management, collection and inspection; in the economic-administrative field, as well as in the contentious-administrative jurisdiction (both in ordinary appeals as well as in extraordinary appeals). In the same way, she has also participated in the tax advice of reorganization processes of groups of companies with locations in Spain, the European Union and third countries, including, among others, mergers, divisions, securities exchanges, global assignments, transformations, dissolutions, and change of domicile, as well as in acquisition processes. She has also frequently collaborated in counselling pro-bono advice to non-profit entities.
- Withholding refund request procedure supported in Spain by Pension funds resident in third countries, on dividends received from entities resident in Spain, for infringement of the free movement of capital; with legal direction of Appeals of Cassation that have ended with recent favourable rulings which constitute the first ones in Spain which affect Pension Funds residents from third countries.
- Procedure of securities exchange to make effective the entrance of the French fund in the capital of Spanish, French and Italian entities, with maintenance of the partners of these in the target company’s management team.
- Procedure for derivation of subsidiary liability to managers for company debts, for a total amount of more than 3,500,000.00 euros, with advice in the economic-administrative claim and debt reduction to 180,000.00 euros.
- Advice to a US entity of the aeronautical sector in the realization of import of parts in Spain.
- Legal direction in proceedings before the National High Court on the application of tax benefits linked to the Reserve for Investments in the Canary Islands (800,000.00 euros of amount).
- Continuous tax advice to international business groups in the sector of drug production with more than 40.000.000,00 euros of turnover.
- Tax advice on the reorganization of an international family business group with activity in the field of clinical trials, with a turnover of more than 50.000.000,00 euros.
- Private Banking
- Tax Law
- Civil law and especially, inheritance law
- Tax advice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and reorganization processes
- Family business
- Real estate
- Wealth assessment
- Business groups